Nationals is a large event that can greatly benefit any host club. Typical turn out is around 60 c scows. We are currently looking for yacht clubs to put together bids to host nationals in the future years. In order to bid, the NCSSA board asks that your club can answer the following questions.
• Club Location and a brief history including websites and social media outlets
• Past Nationals hosted and years if applicable
• Club facilities – Full Restaurant, Bar, Storage Shed, etc.
• Launching facilities – Number of hoists, ramps, etc. to make it easy for traveling teams to get in and sailing and on the road at the end.
• Dockage – Number of boat slips, boat lifts available, etc. Dry event or wet event? Hauling every night?
• Housing – Free housing, available, hotels, B&B’s nearby, etc.
• Fleet Size – How many active boats at your club. How many active on the regatta circuit
• Food – Meals provided, Free Beer, open bar, ability to take credit card, etc. Local restaurants and bars to go out to after sailing.
• Social Media – Club Website, Facebook page, Twitter, Online Registration – These all let us know how you are going to sell your event to get sailors to attend.
• Ability to post scores quickly (WiFi available, printer available, etc…)
• Price – What is your target price? Will food be packages only or ala carte? What is the anticipated social package price?
• Note: Regatta registration and food shall be charged as separate line items.
Please answer these questions and return your formal bid to the webmaster, Christine McNeil (email@example.com). Upcoming venue choices and bidding clubs are below.
|Year||Awarded Club||Bidding Club(s)|
|2018||Will be awarded at Nationals 2016.||Beulah, Delavan|
|2019||Will be awarded at Nationals 2017.|
|2020||Will be awarded at Nationals 2018.|